Our grazing option gives you direct riding out on the New Forest National Park, from all but one of the farm gates. All horses are checked daily, with us contacting owners should the need arise regarding health issues.
All our land is cared for by ourselves with all the latest farming equipment. We spray for ragwort and weeds and over-seed, roll, hoover and harrow. We have an amazing field hoover supplied to us by The Grass Group which hoovers all the land removing the horse’s manure from the land, thus helping lessen the worm burden in the soil.
Each field has safe post & rail pen for your safety when visiting your horse. We manage the horses in group of 3 to 10, and we keep our fatter Native types together, in fields with less grass than perhaps a more blood type horse.
We carry out daily field checks on all our animals health, and ensure the condition of the water supplies and fences. Animal health is recorded. We also do recordings of your horses body weight in line with our worming programme. We notify you straight away if we have any health concerns over your horse. We always keep spare stabling should this and nursing care ever be required.
In winter the horses have hay given as required or a haylage option. Most of our horses do well on just a little winter hay due to being in good condition.
Farrier: We have a resident farrier – Peter Hayden, or you may use your own farrier.
Vets: We work hand in hand with Nenad Zilic of The Barn Equine practice. Throughout the year we have pre-arranged, monthly vet visits; owners are welcome to join in with these regular visits.
What is Included in this Livery option? :
– Live out in grazing of well-maintained fields with dung and weed control
– Stabling and care available if needed for medical reasons (see Additional price lists).
– Overnight owner facilities if horse was unwell.
– Daily Horses health inspection (recorded) incl. horses rugs, wounds etc.
– Hay feeding included December to March to maintain horses condition.
(approx 3 bales p wk) or a ‘Haylage Fed 24/7’ Extra Option: December – March.
– Farriers visit appointments with resident farrier dealt for you by our staff if required (see Additional price lists).
– Professional advice and support on request from our experienced team.
– Dung removal by farm staff.