This option is a firm favourite with our clients. It combines the best of both worlds: horse lives out 24/7 in a field near to the main yard facility. Use of a is stall is available to you for feeding, grooming, tacking up, etc. full details below.
The Care & Facilities
Being a supported grass livery, your horse is fully attended to, checked daily and a record kept to monitor health. Any minor injuries will be attended to as necessary; if we have any serious concerns we will contact you.
Good quality hay feeding throughout the winter is included, or a 24/7 haylage option if required. You can enjoy all the yard facilities : private yard parking with security gated access, with full use of our ‘Mane Room’, 60 x 20m riding arena, tack room, work room, horse wash bays and stall to tack up etc.
The Social Side
Our Grass Plus clients are able to relax and enjoy being based at the yard. This particularly suits owners not wanting to be tied to much with having to exercise their horses so much; quite often due to their busy lives with work and family commitments. With this everything is on tap, it is very easy to come and ride, enjoying precious quality time with your horse and yard friends leaving the day to day care of your horse to us. There are social events once a month ranging from Easter Egg Hunts to clinics from our visiting trainers.
What is Included in this Livery option? :
– Live out in grazing of well-maintained fields with dung and weed control
– Saddle/bridle peg in secure tack room.
– Personal equipment Storage boxes in workroom.
– Tack cleaning area with saddle horse. Wet rug hanging rail.
– Use of a stall is available to you for feeding, grooming, tacking up,
– Stabling and care available if needed for medical reasons (see Additional price lists).
– Stabling use before going to a show/event (DIY basis).
– Use of our MANE ROOM heated building with full kitchen facilities.
– Overnight owner facilities if horse was unwell.
– Hot/cold drinks. Homemade cakes (weekends only).
– Use of changing room with shower room & hair dryer.
– Daily Horses health inspection (recorded) incl. horses rugs, wounds etc.
– Hay feeding included December to March to maintain horses condition.
(approx 3 bales p wk) or a ‘Haylage Fed 24/7’ Extra Option: December – March.
– Farriers visit appointments with resident farrier dealt for you by our staff.
– Unlimited Use of our 60m x 20m Manege (illuminated).
– Use of horse wash bays.
– Professional advice and support on request from our experienced team.
– Dung removal by farm staff.