If you live in Australia or are always on safari spending the kids inheritance, then this option could be for You!
Owner Away Retirement Livery
This option is for owners who are living far away from the farm for various reasons, so are unable to visit regularly but have the need for greater support in caring for their horse. This option also offers a superb long-term home for grass-kept Resting or Retired horses, with our Retirement Livery. Horses come to live with us due to various reasons. They may be unsound or unsafe to ride, or now elderly.
Loaning horses or gifting them as companions can often be unsuccessful particularly in the long term. Most of these owners cannot attend daily, due to other commitments, so we undertake this care for them.They may live in the UK or be located abroad for a year for two. Some of our owners have relocated due to family or work commitments, where caring for the horse or pony on a daily basis has become difficult, especially in the wet cold winter months.
Owners often wish to retire their horse to a location such as ours so their horse can live his/her days out in retirement. We have this option at both our farms, due to all the horses located here being unridden, so it is a much quieter life for the horses in general.
In addition to our first grazing package, we can look after your horse as if he/she were our own which includes : DAILY HEALTH MONITORING and RECORDING PERIODIC BODY CONDITION SCORING.
What is Included in this Livery option? :
– Live out in grazing of well-maintained fields with dung and weed control
– Stabling and care available if needed for medical reasons (see Additional price lists).
– Overnight owner facilities if horse was unwell.
– Daily Horses health inspection (recorded) incl. horses rugs, wounds etc.
– Staff organise and carry out all farrier, vaccinations, worming and rug changes (Rugs stored in their own storage trunk in an illuminated room)
– Hay feeding included December to March to maintain horses condition.
(approx 3 bales p wk) or a ‘Haylage Fed 24/7’ Extra Option: December – March.
– Professional advice and support on request from our experienced team.
– Dung removal by farm staff.